If you’re a strategic marketer, you use facts to help build your strategy, check on marketing trends, and get expert perspectives. But looking for reliable, up-to-date marketing data can be frustrating–and waste your valuable time. You need 2020 marketing statistics today!
I found these 2020 marketing resources to save you from wasting time looking for them!
Don’t experience these problems:
- Problem 1: Google Results. Your search on “2020 marketing data” returns old articles. Time-Waster: You have to scroll down the results pages to determine what’s actually timely.
- Problem 2: Metadata. Google Metadata doesn’t include the article’s date. Time-Waster: You have to go to the article itself.
- Problem 3: Undated Articles. Many articles are published undated and the article text doesn’t indicate how current the statistics are. Time-Waster: You have no idea when the article is from, no less the data.
- Problem 4: Articles Using Old Data: The article is current but uses old data. Time-Waster: This is tricky. The article may imply data is current (“recent data”), but to be sure you have to verify it yourself.
- Problem 5: No sources are provided. Not providing sources is simply unprofessional. Time-Waster: The statistics are unverifiable. If you really want to use them, you have to search for the source yourself.
Old or undated information doesn’t help you!
If you’re looking for latest 2020 marketing statistics from trustworthy sources, look no further. In salute to my fellow marketers, here are nine great resources with 2019-2020 marketing statistics. You’ll find data (often with accompanying graphs and charts) covering general marketing trends, as well as these specialy areas: B2C and B2B content marketing, social media, ecommerce, small business, and SEO.
Enjoy these 2020 marketing resource:
1. Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics:
Hubspot comes out with tons of great content, including this annual report. Their 2020version offers a treasure trove of information about SEO, content marketing, social media, video marketing, email marketing, lead generation, advertising, marketing technology, and sales. There are also numerous links to other useful content assets from Hubspot. Plus, you can download their complete 2020 State of Marketing report. Read here.
2. 30 Marketing Statistics to Consider for 2020:
This aggregated collection of facts from B2Bcommunity.com has an array of helpful statistics. It has lots of great charts covering social media, advertising, and email marketing. All the data is from reputable sources, such as Optinmonster, Social Sprout, and Hootsuite. Read here.
3. 63 SEO Statistics for 2020:
B2C Content Marketing 2020: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends. If you haven’t checked out the Content Marketing Institute, you’re missing out on a great resource. This heavy-duty report shows where your marketing organization compares to other B2C companies. It discusses marketing practices, plus technology, team structures & outsourcing, content creation, metrics and goals, budget & priorities, and more. Read here.
4. 85 Fascinating Content Marketing Statistics to Make You a Marketing Genius:
Optinmonster’s Conversion Rate Optimization blog is a well-organized aggregation of marketing statistics. The focus is on “what kind of content and delivery suits which audience.” Topics include content marketing & ROI, SEO & content, webinars, interactive content, mobile content marketing, email marketing, channels, and so much more. Read here.
5. 55 critical social media statistics to fuel your 2020 strategy:
Social Sprout gives a good picture of the 2020 social media landscape, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Also find broader topics like social media advertising and social consumer statistics. The stats are all linked to source articles from reputable organizations, such as Statista, eMarketer, and the social platforms themselves. Read here.
6. 50+ Relevant B2B Statistics: 2020 Market Share Analysis & Data:
This FinancesOnline round-up article contains solid B2B data in six key areas: general B2B market, marketing, sales, eCommerce, technology, and challenges. The authors say they are “tackling everything you need to know to keep up with the developments shaping the future of the industry.” The article concludes with a concise, useful summary. Read here.
7. The Ultimate List of Ecommerce Statistics:
You’ll see reams of great statistics, although it’s a little more disorganized than the other sources. It’s a big list with ecommerce date from the Let’s Talk About Money blog. It groups statistics into these categories: ecommerce in general, B2B, the market share of ecommerce platforms, conversion rate optimization, social media, customer service, SEO, and email marketing. Read here.
8. 2020 Small Business Marketing Statistics:
Visual Object of 5,000 conducted a survey small business owners about their marketing practices and perceived results. Areas covered include: channels, social media, SEO, mobile apps, websites, and digital marketing in general. The information is valuable, the graphics add clarity, and the summary does a nice job putting the information into perspective. Read here.
9. 63 SEO Statistics for 2020:
This impressive set of SEO data is from Ahrefs, who “curated, vetted, and categorized a list of up-to-date stats.” There’s not a lot of contextual info, but there are a lot of great graphs and charts. This in-depth list provides information on: top SEO stats, ranking, backlinks, keywords, the SEO industry, search engines, local SEO, video SEO, mobile SEO, and voice search. Read here.
Learn From These 2020 Marketing Statistics for Insightful Marketing.
Statistics about the marketing field are essential to gaining strategic insight–but only if they are current and verifiable. I hope these resources will help you efficiently find the marketing data you need for success. If you want more information about how to use data effectively in your articles, I’ll be happy to help—Contact Amy Westebbe at Westebbe Marketing. firstname.lastname@example.org. (617) 699-4462.
#MarketingStatistics #MarketingTrends #MarketingData #BostonCopyExpert